Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Yay pain!

Yeah, I am a dumbass. I finished that 3-day hike a couple days ago, it was brutal. Here's a couple of excerpts from my brain during the trip:

Friday, 10:00 AM - Yeah, this walk is gonna be cool, I feel great!
Friday, 10:15 AM - Dammit, my feet hurt already and my back is getting sore.
Friday, 10:30 AM - First of many breaks. Crap.

It goes downhill from there. Well, mostly uphill.

So yeah, carrying a 45lb pack for 45kms or so with a lot of ups and downs kinda wears you out. It was an awesome time other than the soreness. Saw dozens of roos, wallabys, a couple types of spiders that can kill you, tons of birds and reptiles 'n stuff. No pictures of any of that yet cause I can't get pictures off my camera into this computer. Ah well.

Now I'm heading out of Katoomba after two of the most relaxing days ever at the hostel here. It was great doing absolutely nothing... other than sampling (yeah, just sampling... haha) the local beers and sitting around playing cards. Great time here. Anyways, I'm heading south of Sydney to Wollongong, its supposed to be the Hamilton of Australia (a big steel factory). Lots of nice beaches and national parks around there. The plan right now is kinda to travel further south to Melbourne eventually then over to Tasmania for a while before its winter. I've got a couple weeks left of travelling before I'll have to start working, so I'll probably look for a job in Wollongong.

Well, I'm off to go do some more nothing. hehe

-Brad

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2005 11:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good workout eh...three days in the bush up and down mountains. I know how ya feel. My legs are still sore from my tramps :). The best part was getting back to the hostel and just laying in front of the TV, with a big bowl of spagetti. Sounds like your starting to enjoy the traveling lifestyle. How are you liking the Ozzie girls.....nice eye candy eh, most of them are quite fit too. Try surfing yet? or shark wrestling? You know your not a man until you've pinned a great white...hehe.

Watch out for the redbacks!
Cheers

John

 
At February 26, 2005 12:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what THAT calls for...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home