Thursday, February 24, 2005

Wollongong is le pew

Yeah... the similarities between here and Hamilton are eerie. Wollongong has a steel factory on the water, plus an escarpment. The smell is even similar. Guess thats it for similarities, but meh.

Gotta few pictures this time, first one is from my hike last weekend there. This is Sunday, after it rained. Ver' nice.



The next couple are Wollongong. This is a nice place and all, especially compared to Hamilton, but the hostel here kinda sucks and the people aren't all that friendly. There's not much selection when it comes to hostels, so there probably isn't much incentive to make the place nice. The communal fridge smells like something crawled in there and died a few months ago, and the dorm room I'm in has a hint of wet dog to it. And the dogs... they've got at least 5 that I've counted here, and kinda run wild around the backyard. Eating the garbage, lying on the picnic tables... yeah. So one more day here then I'm heading out.

Oh yeah, the pictures.





First one the beachfront with the nice steel factory in the background, and the second a shot of the city with the escarpment behind. Ahh... feels just like home. haha.

Eeeh, got one more night here then I'm heading out again. I'm working my way towards Melbourne nice 'n slow; my next stop is in Bateman's Bay... supposed to be a nice little beachfront town. This place has a couple hostels at least so maybe there'll be a better chance of staying at a good one. I managed to get a bus pass for $59 bucks that'll let me stop anywhere I want to along the way to Melbourne for as long as I want. Pretty good deal I think.

Meh, thats it for now. You'll notice as the boredom goes up, the number of posts also increases. Guess I'll just go sit on the beach and burn... I mean tan... for a while longer. Sweet...

-Brad

3 Comments:

At February 28, 2005 8:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad Can you change the back ground, because I print it out for nana and it prints the yellow back ground every time $$$$$$$$$$ in ink. Keep up the good work and yes you are still a dumpass

 
At February 28, 2005 8:37 a.m., Blogger Randy said...

Thanks for the pictures. They are great.

 
At March 01, 2005 8:17 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Dumpass? Whats a dumpass? hahaha

I dunno about changing the background.. I'm not all that html savvy. Ask Martin if he can print them out at work maybe? I'm sure those guys can figure something out.

...and thanks Randy, when I get to an internet cafe that doesn't charge $8 an hour I'll upload a bunch more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home