Thursday, December 01, 2005

We've got snacks and supplies

Hmm. Well. Darwin kind of sucked, so I decided to change my plans a little. My first two days in Darwin were filled with drinking and sleeping... but only one day after that, I got so bored I went by the employment agency to see if they had any work for a week or so. Yeah, that's boredom. So, my friend Lasse from Broome told me he was leaving Perth last Sunday to head across to Melbourne (where I need to be to meet Dani, woohoo!), and still had a free seat in his car... so I said what the hell, and flew down to Perth last Thursday. :)

So, a couple drunken days later staying at the 'ol backpackers, we left and started heading south from Perth. This was kind of the same route I did last road trip out of Perth, but we're going to have a lot more driving. A lot.

The first night we made it to Margaret River, and stayed at a hostel there for a couple days. Not a bad little town... not too much to do, especially when its raining, but very pretty still. This is the wine country around here, I'll bet you'd have heard of a few wineries here Mom. heh. Lasse tried to do some surfing, but he chickened out because it was too cold (and the waves were massive, and he had to paddle through some rocks... but we'll assume it was the cold. haha).

After relaxing there for a while, we continued on south to Albany. Halfway through the day we made it as far as I'd been, where Lasse and Haruna (a Japanese girl travelling with us) wanted to do that tree climb I did last time I was here. That was cool to do again... and my name along with Stephan and Ann's is still in marker up at the top :)



Another night in Albany, a bit of touring in the morning, and a 500km drive and we're here in Esperence, the last big town before crossing the Nullarbor. We decided to take one more day off, because it's gonna be a long couple days of driving. Here's some of the coast south of Albany...



Ugh. I expected a lot more fun on this trip, but it hasn't been that great so far... the day after we left Perth, I started coming down with something, and my throat has been really sore for the last 4 days now, and I've got no energy. Kinda makes sitting in the car for hours at a time a real chore. I've got an appointment at the clinic in town in half an hour or so... so hopefully it's nothing bad and I can get some good drugs while I'm at it. :) Sure hope so anyways... I hardly got any sleep last night because of the pain and fever. Sigh...

Well, hope everyone's enjoying the snow. Don't worry, I can still enjoy the sunshine :)

-Brad

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 11:17 a.m., Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

hey, updated pictures but no updated words?

 
At December 11, 2005 10:46 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Congrats Mel! You're the man... or woman? Guess you can take your pick now. haha.

New post now. :) Just got too lazy to type up something a couple days ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home