Monday, October 31, 2005

Land ho!

Well, I'm back on land for a couple days! Been working the last couple weeks since we got here, and we've all got some time off. For those of you with maps, I'm in a town called Nhulunbuy, up in the north-east tip of the Northern Territory. Definitely not a tourist town... this is very far from anywhere, really.

Just a quick post I guess, I'm at the local library and about to get kicked off the free computer since I've been on here too long. I had a lot of emails... since when have I been popular? Eeh.

No pictures either, I can't upload anything on these computers. Lots of good pictures though... been snorkelling, spear fishing, drinking... and a ton of boring work. There's a couple crocs living on the island we're anchored near :) Gotta try and get some pictures. I wonder if one of them will mind posing with my head in its mouth? Probably not at all. heh.

I'll write up a real post in a couple weeks... I've got two days here, then another 10 days work, then a couple days while we steam back to Darwin and I get off the boat. And from there, not a clue. But I'll figure something out.

Take it easy everyone... Write emails so I'm not bored when I get back!

-Brad

11 Comments:

At October 31, 2005 10:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you swam with any sharks yet? I watched Jaws last night and I thought of you while the shark was eating people. I'm so sweet.
I bet I know what you're dressed up for Halloween as. a PIRATE!!! I'm the devil, but you already knew that.

 
At October 31, 2005 10:37 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Aw Mel, you should've told me earlier. I'll bring you back something nice when I come back. It'll be a few months late for your birthday though... uhh... I'll bring it as a Groundhog's Day present. Yeah, that's it.

And yeah, I actually did swim with some sharks. I was trying out some diving equipment, and the guy I was diving with told me to get back to the boat, right away. I was like, "what am I doing wrong?" ...when we got back, he asked me, didn't you see that bull shark (nasty guys) that swam by? Heh, I was too busy trying to adjust to the pressure, and missed it swimming right by me. I said no, and that I didn't really care, and we got back in. Heh.

...yeah, well, I'm actually a pirate, not just dressing up! haha

 
At November 01, 2005 9:26 a.m., Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

it's true, he is a pirate, he regaled me with tales of plunder. He should have been a pirate dressing up as spiderman!

 
At November 01, 2005 12:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarr, walk the plank. Swab the deck. And so forth.

What's a pirate's favorite investment?

 
At November 09, 2005 7:52 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Real estate?

 
At November 10, 2005 2:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrrrr arrrrr s p's


hahahahahahahahaha
So I guess you didn't get eaten by a shark this time. Again. You need to try harder!! Throw stones at them or something, get them really angry.

 
At November 10, 2005 11:43 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

I've still got a chance to get eaten, don't worry. We're just back in town here for a bit cause we had some equipment problems. Heading back out for another 4 days or so tomorrow. Fun! And I get to see what the night life is like here, we're around on a Friday night for once.

 
At November 11, 2005 1:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

A STICK

You stole my joke.

What's white and fluffy?

 
At November 14, 2005 11:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

fluff

 
At November 21, 2005 1:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad! Long time no talk, etc. I have a blogspot site now!

 
At November 21, 2005 7:48 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Ouch Allie. Ouch.

Well Sarah, where is it? You can't just say that and not post a link...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home