Sunday, July 24, 2005

We'll miss you

This has to be by far the worst part about travelling and being halfway around the world. My nana died a couple days ago at my parents house in Belleville. I always felt I was close to her, especially since I lived a few blocks away when I was in university in Hamilton. It was always great to have her close by whenever I needed to borrow her car, use her laundry machine, eat some of her cookies, or just to have someone to talk to and forget about the pressures of school for a while. Heh... how can you not love a lady who calls her grandson a dumbass? :)

Anyways... it's hard not to feel guilty about being out here having fun while everyone else in my family was helping to take care of her, but I hope nobody holds it against me. I know everyone knows that I wish I was back home right now more than ever. I've been hit with a double whammy the last couple days too; I've been down with the flu or something and haven't moved out of my bed much. Being sick in a hostel, with people in and out of your room all the time isn't much fun.

I wish I was better with words, but I'm not... so all I can say is we'll all miss you Nana.



-Brad

3 Comments:

At July 24, 2005 10:51 a.m., Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

I'm sure no one holds it against you. I know that if you were here you would have been helping out along with us.

She was a great person, we're all going to miss her a lot!

 
At July 25, 2005 2:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brad. Don't feel guilty, nobody holds it against you. You should feel lucky that you got to see her when she was in good health, cause it was hard for everyone at the end. The service today was really nice. Allison sang and she was great. I didn't realize that she could sing. chow dawg- Brittany

 
At July 26, 2005 6:32 a.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Thanks Mel, I knew I could count on you :)

Yeah Martin, still doesn't feel right though. I'll do what I can to make up for things by bringing back home lots of presents of booze and... well, mostly booze. haha

Good to hear from you Brittany... yeah, Alison can sing like a fox. Hope you're still thinking of going travelling, cause I know you'd have a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home