Friday, May 20, 2005

Beertopia!

In an effort to make up for the lack of posts the last couple weeks I'll do one while I'm drunk. Woohoo!

Anyways, I decided to skip the trip to Hobart and head back up to Melbourne. Since my plan was to go drink in Hobart, I don't think I've really missed anything by skipping that trip. Whew... its been a good couple days here. The hostel I'm staying at had a pub crawl last night... excellent time. I met a couple Canadians from Calgary, and they were both mechanical engineers like me. So it was a good night, that goes without saying. I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep up with me, but then again I've been drinking with an Irish guy the last week so they had their work cut out for them.

So tonight we went out to the Melbourne Exhibition Centre. They had a thing going on called Beertopia. 400 beers from around the world. Ohhh yeah. No Canadian beers, I was kinda disappointed... I'd heard that Keiths was gonna show up there but I didn't see them there. Ah well. I kinda hung out at the Belgian beer tent anyways (lotsa free Hoegaarden. Yes.) Then another pub afterwards where I showed that I still had coordination and whooped them at pool. haha

Its after 3:00 in the morning at the hostel here, and I'm about ready to fall asleep at the computer here, so I might have to cut this short. No pictures or anything this time, but those guys from Calgary are going to email me some of the pictures they took tonight. I'll make up for it next time. Whew. Me so tired.

Well, g'night all.

-Brad

4 Comments:

At May 25, 2005 10:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Calgary!

 
At May 26, 2005 9:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brad! Don't know if I remembered to e-mail you back but let me know when you'll be in Perth region since I'll be here until July 3rd and then back on the 27th! Love the site as always

 
At May 26, 2005 11:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great posts Brad. Sounds like a fantastic trip - makes us wish we were back there again.

 
At May 26, 2005 2:08 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

In order... (and thanks for actually replying to this pathetic attempt at a post)

Yeah, you remember what happened last time there Mel...

And yeah, they told me a few good bars to go to in Calgary.

Hey Kristen! Good to hear from you. I'll be out there in probably a week so I'll email you when I get there.

Great to hear from you Gail. I'm having a great time here. I went to most of the places you went to in Sydney, but I doubt I can afford the places you were at outside of Cairns right now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home