Monday, March 21, 2005

It was the blurst of times?

You stupid monkey! Heh. I never realized before I got here what a popular show the Simpsons is overseas. In most of the hostels I stay at the TV room gets kind of taken over during Simpsons time and everyone sits down to watch. Its fun even though I've seen most of the episodes at half a dozen times :)

Well, I made it to Tassie. Seems like a great place so far, too bad I have to work though. It'd be pretty easy to get a crappy job fruit picking (apples or grapes! yay!) but I think I'll kinda hold out a little longer and try and find something...well, less crappy I guess.

Melbourne sucked. I don't like Toronto, didn't like Sydney or Hong Kong... I don't know why I thought Melbourne would be any better. Still, met tons of people at the bed-bug infested hostel I stayed at and had a mostly good time.

I got off the ferry from Melbourne at Devonport, and stayed there for four days while I was out job-searching. Pretty place, and the people are great here. I met one nice lady at a job centre who loaned me her kayak for a day. That was a lot of fun, kayaking in the ocean. Except when the ferry comes by and throws off huge waves and you almost get swamped. :) But meh. Couple pictures of town here; there's the hostel I stayed at and a shot of the countryside. The whole island is like this so far, seems a little dry. Hmm.





This has been a lazy week. I've been kinda feeling like crap... one of my tick bites (not that one) got infected a week afterwards, and I've been taking antibiotics to keep the infection down. So its been quiet.

Well, I left Devonport and have moved onto the second-biggest (I think) city on the island, Launceston. Should be easier to find a job here... I've applied for a couple mechanical engineering jobs that are just short-term contracts, which would be perfect. We'll see. There was a job I just missed out on in Devonport at a call center. It paid $17 an hour! I can put up with dumbasses calling about stupid problems for that!

Ahh, sigh... Starting to get tired of living out of my backpack. I keep seeing stuff I wanna buy and I can't, cause I don't have any room for anything. Maybe thats a good thing though. I really want to pick up an acoustic guitar, but that would be a real pain in the ass to haul around. Eeh, I'll probably get one anyways. I've already checked out the local shops and its getting harder and harder not to pick one up.

And yeah, thats it. Its gonna get pretty boring for a while until I actually do something again. I'll make it a point to get drunk and go do something stupid this week so I have something to talk about. heh

-Brad

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2005 7:48 a.m., Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

*shakes fist* you better be doing stupid things! I'm living vicariously through your stories now, so until I start doing stupid things again I'm counting on you! ;)

 
At March 22, 2005 4:58 a.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

I'll take that bet.

 
At March 23, 2005 7:38 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

*shakes fist*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home