Sunday, April 10, 2005

That's bad!

Well, the dream is over. My career as a tree pruner appears to be at an end. *fights back tears*

The job kinda sucked anyways. I was paid based on the number of trees I pruned, at a dollar a tree. On Tuesday, my first day I did 100 trees, the second day 110. Then the third day I went to go to work and everyone had a day off because of the rain. Rain... hmmmmm... it was kind of spitting for about 10 minutes in the morning, then it cleared up and the sun was shining the rest of the day. Rain my ass! Friday was the same, another rain day. It actually rained some that day but I still could've worked for half the day and made some money. Ah well... So I told them I wouldn't be back Monday. :) Instead I'm gonna walk the Overland Track with Annette (the Danish girl who was pretending to push me over the cliff last post). So if I mysteriously disappear, it was probably because I annoyed her enough that she actually pushed me instead of just pretending :) The walk is a little over 80km so it'll be the longest one I've done here so far.

We're leaving for that early Tuesday morning, and it should take about a week to finish. Its possible to do it in 3-4 days, but I don't see the point in rushing through this kind of thing. Its not like I'm pressed for time or anything! A couple pictures, even though I've hardly gotten out of town at all. First is part of the hostel I've been staying at, and the second is from a drive I went on today to a mountain nearby. A guy from Wales is staying here and rented a car for a few days, so Annette and I tagged along.





I don't think I've posted this link before, but its the photo site I use to post my pictures. I upload more pictures there that I don't post on my blog here, so check them out if you feel like it: Brad's photos. You can download full-sized pictures 'n stuff there too.

Oh yeah... stupid stuff... hmm. Don't think I did much of that last week, sorry! I got a leech on my foot today... thats about it for dumb stuff. Oh yeah, at the job there I had a couple pine branches come down on my head and I got sap in my hair. :) I'm working on doing some more dumb stuff, don't worry.

Time to go laze around some more :)

-Brad

5 Comments:

At April 11, 2005 4:08 a.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Gee, I'm terribly sorry Mel, I'll try harder.

And naw, the hair stays. It washed out :)

 
At April 11, 2005 1:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it proper for a mother to ask if the tent is big enough for 2 people?

 
At April 14, 2005 9:48 p.m., Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

A very valid question. I guess we'll have to wait till he gets back from his hike to find out if his billy got licked by possums...

 
At April 15, 2005 8:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

...if by possums you mean Danish girl, and by billy you mean........
nevermind.

Yo Brad, hope you're having a great time. Alison gave me this link, so I thought I'd see how you're faring over there. Sounds like a pretty sweet ride! Smell ya later.

 
At April 19, 2005 6:27 a.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Heh, to answer questions in order...

Yes, the tent is big enough for two. Its cosy, is all. Not cramped! Cosy... hehe

And from Dumbass, a billy is a dealie you boil water in. Its... well, a dealie.

Possums didn't lick my billy, since I don't have one. (!)

Hey John, long time no see. Good to hear from ya. And it wasn't like that with her... haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home