Monday, March 20, 2006

Yeah, I'm a slacker

Someone recently pointed out that I've been slacking with the 'ol blog, and since being lazy is so against my nature, I guess I have to write something! It's tough when you're doing nothing though... there was always something to write about when I was in Australia.

Well, my flight home was pretty uneventful... it was about 26 hours in the air total. This time I didn't have any problems with missed flights or anything either. About a week after I'd been home I had a visit from my Kiwi friend Murray... he's been doing a round-the-world trip and had a stop in Canada for a week or so. Showed him the sights... went to Niagara Falls, the CN Tower among other far crappier places. But mostly we sat around. :) This is Murray with Schrodey.



So, since then I've really been doing very little. Still unemployed, and living in my parents basement. Yep, I've hit rock bottom. :) It's really not too bad here though, I've got a lot of my own space, and the car whenever I need it, and since I tend to stay up all night and sleep all day I hardly seem to see my parents. (except at meal times. haha) It's still a little strange living back home, but I can't complain. My mom's been really good about it, which is an unexpected surprise. She's been very good about not nagging me to death... :)

Besides sitting around a lot, eating and occasionally looking for jobs, I've been going back to the gym and started running again. I was working out at Goodlife for a couple weeks, but it's ridiculously expensive so now I'm at the YMCA... it's got decent equipment, and more importantly it's far cheaper. So most nights I'll be there or out running... yesterday I ran 7k, and I'm actually not in pain today!

One more picture, here's my dad up at our trailer. Took a trip up there yesterday to drop some stuff off and take some measurements for replacing the roof over the deck...



-Brad

7 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 6:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

They won't hire you back on at Harveys. HAHA joking!

 
At March 22, 2006 10:20 p.m., Blogger Pamela said...

No mention of roll-up-the rim?! That has been your major activity for weeks! You should definitely post some kind of running counter on wins:loses and cost benefit of the amount you are spending :P

 
At March 22, 2006 11:28 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Harveys... ha!

Not my major activity! Well... not my only one. I finally won after 15 cups though, so I'm done! We won't get into how much I spent, just for a free coffee that I'm not going to use :)

 
At March 24, 2006 10:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does timmies have a home to be won in roll up the rim? If so, you should keep playing.

Marc

 
At March 28, 2006 2:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got about the same odds on the roll up the rim thing as you do. I finally won a donut yesterday, and I think Rob stole the rim dealie. Most upset.

 
At March 28, 2006 2:58 p.m., Blogger Bradtholomew said...

Marc - I've got more of a home than you right now! hahaha. sigh.

Allie - Shouldn't you be at work?

 
At March 30, 2006 12:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day there sir! I believe we have been acquainted in the past!

Love the photos, they make me want to quit my job and roam the Australian countryside.

Mike Hodgson
www.mikehodgson.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home